IAAI – Health and Safety Update COVID-19
Dear Valued Client,
In the recent several days, I am sure you have continued to focus on the health and safety of your employees, your family, and your community. While we are working diligently to ensure the continuity of our business during this challenging time, I want you to know that the well-being of our buying and selling customers, our partners, and our employees is IAA’s highest priority.
Our family of companies including IAA, Impact Auto Auctions, HBC Vehicle Services and DDI Technology are following the best practices outlined by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). I want our employees, partners, and customers to feel safe in continuing their day-to-day routine in the midst of the COVID-19 outbreak.
In an abundance of caution, we have implemented guidelines covering our employees, customers and facilities to limit interactions and prioritize the health and safety of everyone. These guidelines are reviewed daily and include the following:
- Restrictions on travel, meetings, and working environments.
- Implementation of staggered working hours including remote capabilities.
- As of Wednesday, March 18, 2020, preview days at all facilities are suspended and NOT being held until further notice.
- As of Wednesday, March 18, 2020, live auction attendance across all locations is suspended and not available until further notice. Only virtual/digital attendance is permitted.
- All individuals entering an IAA branch/facility will be logged including name, contact information and visit date/time.
- Constant monitoring of all state DMV centers due to notifications of closures in specific states. This may affect our ability to process and sell vehicles in a timely fashion.
- Implementation of CDC and WHO recommended cleaning guidelines at all of our 200+ facilities.
- Communication to all buyers encouraging usage of digital and online auction channels.
IAA has an established Business Continuity Plan (BCP) for all operating units of the organization. This plan is updated with a Pandemic Addendum. In addition, we are constantly reviewing our Employee Health and Safety Guidelines specific to COVID-19 to ensure it provides the best methods to support the overall well-being of our team.
Original news source: